Registered Software: 72
Stay informed and
joining the LandXML.org
Industry Consortium at no cost.
See LandXML.org members mapped in Google Earth.
View the message archives.
LandXML.org in a Nutshell
Launched January 2000, LandXML.org is committed to providing an non-proprietary data standard (LandXML), driven by an industry consortium of partners. There is no direct cost to join LandXML.org, nor specific level of participation required.
Once you join, stay informed and participate by using the LandXML discussion email list email@example.com.
New Build OF Free LandXML Viewer is available
Build 2016.2 37958 of the free Carlson P3D LandXML Viewer and smaller update install is available. It adds support for Volume Parcels, alignment, parcel and plan feature round tripping with colors, embedded 3D objects, much improved auto texturing along with bug fixes of course.
Minor changes have been posted to the proposed LandXML 2.0 schema to support x,y,z scaling of 3D objects.
New LandXML-2.0 samples files with polylines, coordinate systems, embedded 3D objects and multitextured surfaces are available on the samples page.
Finally, a Free LandXML Viewer is available
After many years of requests by users for a free LandXML viewer, Carlson Software has provided a high quality 3D viewer that has some neat functionality like the ability to add textures to any LandXML file and upgrade it a LandXML-2.0 version file. Another great feature generates 3D image thumbnails automatically in Windows File Explorer, so you can see what the file looks like before opening it. It can also be used as a visualization tool since you can also import OBJ and Sketchup files. download it now and watch the Introduction Video Here
Changes for LandXML-2.0 posted January 19, 2016
New LandXML-2.0 samples files are now available on the samples page. The following changes have been posted to the proposed LandXML 2.0 schema:
- Added multi-color and multi-texture support for Surfaces
- All required texture images are embedded in LandXML file for maximum portability
- Added embedded 2D/3D symbols for CgPoints as encoded DXF
- Added a MaterialTable with display and materials attributes for any CoordGeom, CGPoints, cross sections and surface faces elements. This works for any elements derived from <CoordGeom> and <Point3D>.
- Added a road design cross section template table.
- Added Pond definition to PipeNetworks → Struct element.
- Added Channel definition type to PipeNetworks → Pipe element.
- Adoption of XML digital signature for signing and sealing LandXML instance content.
LandXML 2.0 Highlights
Update LandXML 2.0 schema to use current W3C standards
►Support Signing and sealing
►Incorporate 3D Road model improvements from worldwide input.
Add flexible road cross section design template definitions.
Add SCS and Rational runoff associated with surface boundaries.
Sanitary sewer pipes, structures and networks additions.
Storm water open system culverts, ditches, ponds and allow combined closed/open networks.
Add Material Table for element appearance
Add Color and textures to surfaces.
Add 2D/3D Symbol support for cogo points and polyline vertices.
LandXML 2.0 (Working Draft) Schema Announced
The LandXML 2.0 (Working Draft) Schema and 2.0 HTML (Working Draft) documentation are now available on the LandXML Schema Versions & Specifications page.
Work is underway on the LandXML 2.0 schema plan. The following major objectives are planned and, as always, all feedback is very welcome:
- Update LandXML 2.0 schema based on current standards: XML 1.1, XML Schema 1.1, XML Namspaces 1.1 and xpath 2.0
- Engage OGC and TransXML to improve adjacent standards interoperability for GIS and business process data flow
- Incorporate 3D Road model improvements from worldwide input
- Enhance 3D/volumetric parcel support
- Enhance data model to better suite intelligent construction data flow
- Add flexible road template definitions
- Define a mimetype for compressed (zipped) LandXML files
- Other additions/changes as needed
Thanks to Ladd Nelson of Carlson Software for updating the web site UI and layout.
New web application to convert FAA NGS survey data to LandXML-1.2 on web applications.
Expanded domain/email mapping to Google Earth & Google Maps web application
Is your software LandXML Registered and Certified?
Software vendors Apply for Registered Software status today!
LandXML.org has resumed active status. Contact us
LandXML Validator & Report Generator on the Web Applications page.
LandXML to SVG Web Application (Works for LandXML-1.0, LandXML-1.1, LandXML-1.2 files)
Is your software application LandXML Registered and Certified?
LandXML.org XML Data Exchange Standards
LandXML-1.2 schema: Ratified/Standardized on August 15, 2008
LandXML-1.1 schema: Ratified/Standardized on July 21, 2006
LandXML-1.0 schema: Ratified/Standardized on July 17, 2002
LandGML: The collaborative experiment has concluded. Here are comments on the results.
LandXML and U.S. Federal Highway Administration IHSDM
Learn more about how the Federal Highway Administration's Interactive Highway Safety Design Model (IHSDM) www.ihsdm.org can help produce safer road designs. IHSDM 2006 Public Release (Version 3.00) is now available for download and imports data from road design software supporting LandXML 1.0.
(New Updated 4/25/2016) Free 3D LandXML Viewer/LandXML-2.0 Upgrade Tool
Carlson Software contributed the free 3D LandXML viewer and LandXML-2.0 upgrade Tools. download full install or update install. Send feedback to the development team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Introduction video:
(New) Free LandXML Signing Tool
- Open & view LandXML Files
- Windows 3D thumbnail preview for LandXML files.
- Drag and Drop file support
- Draw/Edit Polylines
- Texture surface using closed polylines
- Auto Texture Surface for quick area detection and texturing
- Insert 3D objects (OBJ and SKP files)
- Measure command
- Save LandXML files as 2.0
Florida DOT contributed this tool to sign LandXML Documents using digital certificates. download it now